|Pastor DeChard I. H. M. Freeman, Founder/Lead Pastor|
DeChard Irlin Henrich Marshall Freeman was born on February 27, 1982 in Houston, Texas to Ms. Carol Marshall (#1 mom and life-long supporter) and Mr. Anthony Freeman (now deceased).
Upon relocating to Austin, Texas, DeChard united with the Mount Sinai Missionary Baptist Church under the leadership of Pastor A.W. Anthony Mays. He received Christ as his personal Lord and Savior at the age of 6. Two years after his conversion experience, DeChard was blessed to be called of God into the gospel preaching ministry. Pastor Freeman remembers his call as a sure and compelling word from God to “go into the world and preach to the lost about the Good News of Jesus Christ.” On February 25, 1991 Pastor Freeman preached his first public sermon at the Mount Sinai Baptist Church at the tender age of eight. In that same year, he was licensed by the Mount Sinai Baptist Church as a minister of the gospel. He was appointed Youth Pastor at the Mount Sinai Church in June of 2001 and was ordained as a gospel minister in August of the same year. He served there for over seventeen years.
Affectionately referred to as astor FREE, he is an accomplished evangelist, songwriter, recording artist, psalmist, music and film producer, screenwriter, and the list goes on and on. His favorite hymn is “Victory in Jesus” and his favorite passage of scripture is ironically John 10:10. He is a founding member of the male gospel group, No Weapon. In August 2014, Pastor FREE released the soundtrack and movie, Loveless: Unstoppable Love for an Unworthy Lover. On February 27, 2016, Pastor FREE released his first solo CD, entitled #Hashtagz & Hoodhymnz.
Pastor FREE graduated from Stephen F. Austin High School (2000) and received his B.A. in Psychology from Huston-Tillotson University (2004). Pastor FREE continued his ministerial education at Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary and finished with a Master in Divinity degree (2008). Pastor FREE has held multiple presidential offices on the local, statewide and national levels. He is currently the president of the Young Minister’s Fellowship of Austin and the list of his services goes on and on.
Pastor FREE moved at God’s vision to organize the Abundant LIFE Community Baptist Church in 2008 and is so honored to be chosen as a vessel for this great work.
- Confession of Christian faith/Baptism – 1989
- Accepted call into Gospel Ministry-December 1990
- Preached 1st Public Sermon – February 1991
- Licensed as a Gospel preacher in 1992 (Mt. Sinai M.B.C.- Austin, TX)
- Youth Pastor (St. Matthew B. C. – Washington , TX ) 1999 – 2001
- Ordained as a Gospel/Baptist minister August 2001 (Mt. Sinai M.B.C.)
- Youth and Young Adult Pastor ( Mt. Sinai ) – July 2001 – present
- Assistant Chaplin – Huston -Tillotson University(2001-2004)
- Evangelist (preaching experience spans the city, state and nation)
- Religious Minor in undergraduate studies ( Huston-Tillotson University )
- President and organizer of Young Ministers Fellowship of Austin
- M. Div. (Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary) – Graduated May 2008
- Held presidential offices on local, state and national levels. (St. John District Association, GMBC of Texas and National Baptist Convention of America Inc.)
- Founded the Abundant LIFE Community Baptist Church, September 2008
Still, above all of this, Pastor FREE holds in high regard his personal walk with Jesus Christ. His determination is to be totally used by God to do the awesome work of Christ’s Kingdom and spread the message of JESUS, joy, peace, salvation, love, liberty and LIFE to the masses as God allows.